Wednesday 8 February 2012

Belated birthday update (with a video!)

Hello lovelies. Thanks for your comments. I just adore all my nephews. They make me so happy. As I mentioned before I was going to give a belated update on my birthday. It was an Instagram day but I wanted to document everything. 


Jason and I took the day off. He surprised me with some lilies and cheesecake. 


We had breakfast at Max Brenner at Southbank. Glad I got a cappuccino instead of hot chocolate. There was even a piece of chocolate in the coffee!


We got waffles for two. Delicious but filling. 


We walked over the bridge from Southbank into the City. They have the farmers markets every Wednesday. Lots of food. I wanted to take more photos but there were so many people and it was a stinkin' hot day (meaning I wanted to be in air conditioning and all the hot food was making feel worse). 


Afterwards, we went over to Paddington just beyond the city. This is Rara Superstar. I have mentioned this shop a few times. 


This was a random juice place. So tiny but quaint and the juice was refreshing on the hot day. 


There are a lot of pretty buildings in Paddington. I would go to this art classes just because it's held in a cute place. 


Some amazing stores! 


When we got home I was surprised to see this package from lovely Alyssa. 


SO beautifully wrapped. 


The butterfly ring she gave me. 


My awesome pinwheel pen she gave me. It was such a beautiful and thoughtful package! 

At night we went out for dinner to Sugo Mi. It's delicious. For some reason I forgot to take photos of the rest of the day. All in all it was fun and adventurous. 


Now this video was done in the afternoon with my messy hair because it was too hot to leave it down. I hate being in front of a camera and I felt so awkward doing this so please don't judge me too harshly :P

Have a wonderful rest of week. 


16 comments:

Rhianne said...

hehe Alyssa was so excited about your present, she was sendin gme photos as she was sorting it out :)

I love your accent and I'm glad you had a great day.

p.s. teeny bit jealous its so warm there, we've just had snow :/

Green Tea and Cupcakes said...

Those waffles look devine I havent been to Max Brenner's before because there is always a massive line up to get in. So glad you had a lovely birhtday you so deserve it.

Katyha said...

what a perfect day! and how awesome to hear your lovely voice :)

Unknown said...

It's great to hear your lovely voice and your English accent dear! my tooth will be all right :)

Unknown said...

wait your not in England!!

Pria said...

I love the video , as short as it is and you don't seem awkward at all :) infact its quite adorable .. <3

and I'm happy you had a wonderful day on your birthday !!

P.S- I love the coffee pic , I can only imagine how delicious it was..

Karina Pacheco said...

Eeeekkkkk!!! Double eeekkk!! I was so excited when I saw on twitter about your mini video and I couldn't wait to see it! I'm so happy you posted it! I LOVED hearing your voice and getting to see you on video! You are too cute for words!! I love your accent and can not wait to see you when sometime this year!!

Love you so much bella!!

I loved that your day was so magical with hubby! Those waffles looks delicious and I love that they have a Max Brenner in Australia, when you come to NY we might have to go there so you can taste the difference?

xoxo

P.S. I've already watched your videos who knows how may times :D

Niina - My Paper Chaos said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Birthday! :D and it was fun to see the video clip and hear your voice too!

Mummerina said...

I love max brenner! I cant see your videa (steaming is blocked at work) :(

Miss Val's Creations said...

What a perfect way to spend your birthday! Your breakfast looks delicious. We can never have too much chocolate! The video is so sweet. :)

Deidre said...

Yay! Happy belated birthday! I've been to the max brenner in southbank :) Delicious!!

Punctuation Mark said...

happy it was a good day... love your photos especially the lilly at the top... have a great weekend!

~April~ said...

Oh my gosh, your little video made my day! :) I love your accent! (I know... I'm a geek.) Glad you had such a wonderful birthday! Matt will be out of country on my b-day this year, so I'm thinking of having a little girl party for myself... maybe like a Breakfast at Tiffany's theme. We'll see! :)

Anastasia said...

so cute!! loved hearing your voice!!

Bianca Jagoe said...

Aww, your video was so lovely Gracie! It is so fun to hear people's voices whose blogs you read daily. Glad you had a good birthday - you deserve it!

trishie said...

Happy belated birthday dear! Looks like you had a fabulous day.