I have a few awards some of them from awhile ago that I haven't mentioned. Still not part 2 for the engagement party post. Work has been a bit hellish and I have a to do list that is pages long. I've sort of lost my voice from tiredness and some stress (I think) and it's hard working in retail without a voice. Anyway, these awards make me happy =) Thanks lovely ladies.
I got this award from the sweet, sweet Julia of This Daisy. This award is for blogs that have attitude and gratitude. So I will give this one too.... Nicole, Sara, Claire, Ellia, Paula, and Always a Bridesmaid.
The wonderful Lisa of The Brunette Girly Girl gave me this award. Here are a few blogs I love. So I pass this award to...Kristen, Bonnie, Kellie, Megan and Melissa, Laura.
This one is from the lovely Always a bridesmaid, finally a bride (yay fellow bride to be). Ok since this is a Meme award I have to reveal 7 things about myself. And tag 7 others.
1. I wear glasses but I'm always wearing contacts. I've had glasses since I was 8.
2. I love all types of veggies except I don't really like pumpkin (unless it's soup or bread) or sweet potato.
3. I got my right leg/knee stuck under a swing when I was 7 and even now it feels different to my left knee.
4. I can understand Tagalog (Filipino main language) but I can't really speak it or read it.
5. I've never broken a bone before but I did sprain my thumb while playing touch football in high school PE.
6. I'm absolutely obsessed with stationery. I love going into stores, browsing blogs and websites. I just love it!
7. I was a 'witness' to an armed robbery at the local convenience store. The police saw me sitting at the bus stop and asked if I saw a guy running past me and I did. They told me he had held up the store and they asked the usual questions about what he looked like etc. I had to do one of those face recognition things (I can't remember the correct term) at the police station. The weird thing is the guy who held up the store smiled and said 'how's it goin' to me as he walked past before it happened. To appear normal??
I got this one from the gorgeous Kristen of While We're Waiting. So with this award I have to tell 10 tidbits about myself (your going to be sick of facts about me lol).
1. I adore fairy lights. I've bought a few types and really want to string some up in my room. I know my future house will have a few different sets strung up.
2. I was home when a guys broke into our house a few years back. I screamed when I saw him walk past me. The thing is I had a weird feeling that there was someone else in the house so in a way I almost anticipated him. But it was weeks before I could stay home alone.
3. I've always wanted a four poster bed with the light, gauzy curtain all around (strung with fairy lights of course).
4. I love pretty things and can be quite girly, but I'm also a bit of a fantasy/sci-fi nerd. I love Narnia, Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games, Star Wars etc.
5. I wanted to start a collection so I thought post cards would be good. This is why I joined Postcrossing.
6. I absolutely looovveeee to receive mail and write letters. There is nothing better than after a long day at work and finding a letter or a package waiting for me.
7. I have a really weird thing for Leonardo DiCaprio in Blood Diamond. I sort of used to have a crush on him back in his Titanic and Romeo and Juliet days but got over it. But when I watched Blood Diamond...I loved him in that movie and I adored his accent. Love South African accents.
8. I threw out my journals from age 12 to 19 after I went on some rampage to get rid of them. I'm regretting my decision now because they were full of so many memories. I'm especially sad about my high school memories.
9. Even since I was in year 10 (15 years old) I wanted to become a PE teacher. And then I finally got into the course at uni and decided my passion had changed.
10. Jason and I took a salsa dance classes for about 10 weeks. I needed to choose some type of physical activity for one of my uni courses. It was great fun! Would love to do it again.
And this is my most recent award from the beautiful Nicole of My Teacups in Peony. To see the rules for the Superior Scribbler award check out these posts. Here and here.
Thanks for all the love and support my gorgeous girls. I truly appreciate you all and I'm so glad for this blog world. I hope you made it through this post.
Sigh, I just love the look of fairy lights. The have this ethereal glow and just look so pretty. Sorry I clumped all the awards in one. I would have liked to give each one and each beautiful blog friend more recognition. Thank you ever so much!