Saturday 9 June 2012

Things for Travel and a few thoughts

I've been the worst at blogging lately. My job is so busy at the moment that when I get home all I want to do is flop. Ever have those days/weeks when the washing just keeps piling up, the house never feels organised and clean and the more I have on my to do list the less I will actually accomplish? That's been my last few weeks. But... I'm not going to let the little things get to me and to just count my blessings each day.

It's a long weekend this weekend (Thank you Queen Elizabeth) and Jason is off on another work conference. I'm going to try and catch up on a few things but also do some things I love without feeling guilty.

Because it has been long a hard week (weeks really), I went shopping in my lunch time yesterday. They are items for my trip so they are allowed in my budget :) 


I bought some TOMS ballet flats. I was tossing up between this pair and another pair but I figured these would go with most things. I have read reviews saying they aren't as comfortable as the original shoes but they still felt alright to me. Plus I will wear them now to break them in. I still do need a sneaker/running shoe that will be good for lots of walking but still stylish.


And I bought that Sportsgirl bag I mentioned in my last post that will be a great travel bag. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I aim to write some letters, work on my journal with Jasmine, make some friendship bracelets, play around with my typewriter...just get back into being creative.



16 comments:

BrigittaR said...

Have a great weekend. Thanks for the comment.

Karina Pacheco said...

Yay for you!!! Love your new flats and Sports bag!!! They are both so cute!! :)

Sorry that Jason is away at another work conference but think of it as you time! :) Dance all around your house and sing out loud :)

xoxo

thegirlhassparke said...

That bag is adorable, want!! So far I am on day 7 of my shopping ban and going well so far, but doubt I will last 30 days.
I know what you mean about coming home and flopping, I feel like that some of the time too especially if I have a hard day. Your trip is getting so close.

Test said...

Those flats are adorable!

Erin {pughs' news} said...

I got your letter yesterday! Thank you. I'll write back soon, I promise!

Can't wait to see you and your TOMS! I'll wear mine too... we can be TOMS twins :)

Tina said...

still loving the bag. it looks even better in your photos!

k said...

ah! that purse is amazing!!!

Niina - My Paper Chaos said...

Yay you got the bag! It's really gorgeous :) and I like the toms too!

Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

Helen at THELOVECATSINC said...

love that bag!

just discovered your blog, i love all the photos. definitely following!

from helen @ www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

Claire Kiefer said...

Doesn't it feel so nice to be able to just relax for a weekend and work on things you've been putting off? I finally had a day like that today. I slept in, went for a run, BBQed with Matt, drank wine, blogged, etc. Such a nice feeling! I love your new Toms. :)

Claire said...

likeing the shoes! I've been failing my goal of posting every other day and i havent even got the exuse of being busy! I'm back on it now though:)

~April~ said...

I know what you mean... I've felt so busy lately but have little to show for it! And I hate that feeling. :( So I guess I should focus on getting things done to change it rather than dwelling on all I haven't gotten done. :) Hope you're having a great week!

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

Love those shoes! They're super adorable. Hopefully they won't take long to wear in.

And you know I love that bag!

x Jasmine

PS. I know what you mean about things getting on top of you. I feel like my 'To Do' list just keeps getting longer and longer.

trishie said...

Love the flats, think you made a great choice with them

rooth said...

Those Toms flats look completely adorable! How do they feel?

bethany said...

Those shoes looks so cute and comfy! I've always wanted to buy some TOMS...but I have HUGE feet. I mean huge, Gracie. So I can't even imagine how large the original TOMS would make my feet look.

But these have a much more graceful look to them. Might have to buy a pair!

And I feel you about wanting to flop at the end of long work days. Back in my office days, I swear I did that two days out of the week. Came home, changed into sweats and didn't move for the rest of the night. You deserve it! :)