Monday 6 August 2012

A Small Life Update...with a few unicorns


1. My latest journal and a unicorn sticker
2. A pretty print on the wall in the lounge room
3. One of my fave wedding photos with my bridesmaids and a unicorn sticker appeared

Hello lovelies. I'm having a great time playing around with my camera. So a lot of my posts will be full of random photos. 

It's just under two weeks until our USA holiday. You can not believe how much I'm hanging for this holiday. I just need a big break from work. Plus Jason and I haven't had a proper holiday since our honeymoon. I've booked all our internal flights and most of our accommodation. I'm listing what things I want to do and starting to pack my bags (I quite like packing it makes me even more excited).

In other life news, I've been watching a lot of the Olympics although the time is never great so I can only watch until a certain time before going to bed. I'm having a little cry over Australia always just missing out on gold but oh well what can you do. 

I want to share the story of my nephew Micah but I'm having a hard time figuring out what to say. I don't go into too much detail about my personal life so this is hard. I will try and share it this week some time. Do any of you have trouble writing about the more personal details of your life? 

Have a great week! 


15 comments:

thegirlhassparke said...

I love the little unicorn stickers, I loved the ones you included with my letter. Looks like you are getting the hang of your camera! Did you buy a camera bag? I think I need to get one. I definitely find it hard to share personal stuff and I try and be really careful that I am not sharing stuff about people that they might not want me to share which can be so hard when it is such a big part of your life. I am sure you will figure out a way. I cannot believe your trip is in two weeks!! So excited for you.

thegirlhassparke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
k said...

you trip will be so exciting :) and i hardly every write personal stuff, but if it's something you want/need to share then just go for it! you will pry be so surprised at how many readers relate or respect your story! i don't think there is anything to be nervous about!

Miss Val's Creations said...

What sweet things. The wedding photo is adorable! Your trip is going to be a blast I am sure! I find it difficult to get too personal on my blog as well. With time the words will come. :)

Unknown said...

Your wedding pictures is just adorable! I do too find it difficult at times to share things...specially sad or negative feelings. I always try to stay on the positive side so my kids and others read a journal of happy memories.

Elle Sees said...

i always miss australia this time of year because i visited there 3 years ago. i hope you have fun in the states

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Two weeks! Wow. And just 3 weeks & 3 days until you're HERE! I'm so excited. We are going to have a fabulous time :)

See you soon, lovely!

PS: It's a fine line, sharing personal life stories on our blogs, isn't it? You need to do what's comfortable for you (and Micah's family) and ask for privacy if you need it. You don't have to answer everyone's questions if you're not willing.

Green Tea and Cupcakes said...

Only share these details when your ready, maybe your finidng it hard to share cause your just not ready yet. Eveyone will respect you no matter what.

Belen said...

AH! I can't wait til you come down! :D I've got the day off already!

Bonnie said...

I love the unicorns. They are such majestic creatures. Those stickers are super cute. Strange how they keep turning up!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

trishie said...

How cute is the unicorn sticker?! Heehee i'd totally stick them everywhere too

A Life Un-Styled said...

Unicorns are great - the one of your photo is cute! I'm careful about the personal things too. Luckily, I have a husband who is interested in my blogging life but is at the same time quite private so he helps me negotiate the fine line between personal and private...So excited to see what you do with your new camera!

~April~ said...

I wonder sometimes how personal I should get on my blog, but I find that I can express myself better in written word than spoken word, so I usually just speak freely in my posts... unless it's no one else's business! Ha, ha. :) Love your unicorn stickers. It looks like the bridesmaid on your left is looking down at it! :)

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

You know I love those unicorn stickers!

I can't believe your trip is SO soon! It's come around so fast. Lucky!

I don't have too many problems sharing my personal stuff on my blog, I just make sure I keep what I do say quite simple and not overly in-depth. Sometimes it can be hard to figure out what to say, but you'll know what you want to say when the time is right :)

x Jasmine

Lisa said...

aww your trip is going to be fab x