I leave for the Philippines in six days! So this may be my last post unless I have access to a computer in the Philippines. I thought I would share a few things. This is going to be a mix of everything today.
First I was tagged by Heather to write 10 weird/interesting facts about myself. So here we go...
1. I'm a sucker for even numbers. I have to have things even. I can't have the volume on the radio/tv etc on an odd number or I will be staring at it and feeling all jumpy unless I can change it. But for some reason I don't mind 'certain' odd numbers like 3 and 5 and some others =s
2. Ahh I was vice captain of my primary (elementary) school. And president of the student council lol.
3. I was born here in Australia but I had my first birthday in the Philippines.
4. I can understand tagalog (main Filipino language) but I can't speak it. (A lot of people are surprised and ask why I can't speak it. It's so different being able to understand than speaking).
5. As a child I wanted to be a nurse (because of the white shoes??!), a teacher, a writer/or journalist(I loved descriptive writing as a child) and in highschool I have always wanted to be a PE (physical education) teacher. And I wanted to since year 10 but as soon as I got into the course Human Movements, I did it for a year and decided I didn't want to be one anymore.
6. I had my first penpal when I was 9.I still love receiving mail. Probably even more so now.
7. I became an aunty at 16 when Isaiah was born. And I was 20 when Caeleb was born.
8. Hmm...I was taken to the hospital in Singapore via an ambulance when I started to hyperventilate and couldn't get enough oxygen (this used to happen quite often but the doctors have taught me how to control it). We were only in Singapore for that one night as it was a stop over flight. It was pretty embarrassing.
9. I developed sport induced asthma when I was 12. After many tests of them thinking I had a heart murmur or some other major problem they found out it was sport induced asthma. Though I don't have it anymore.
10. And this will be my 6th trip to the Philippines.
Whee! Done. That was quite hard to do. Anyway moving on.
Yesterday I got my Amazon package. It was part of my Christmas present from Jason. Nothing like receiving a package.
I got the Where women create and Organsing your craft space by Jo Packham and the Craft Inc book by Meg Mateo Ilasco that I have wanted for ages. But it's way more expensive here. So can't wait to read these ones.
I received this beautiful print from Shae. It is lovely and such a wonderful surprise to get in the mail. I have to get a nice frame and put it up in my new room. (There's a bit of glare from the plastic, I didn't want to take it out yet until I can frame it).
I also received this from Heather. It was packaged so prettily.
It contained this gorgeous handmade bookmark and little tag with some Christmas greetings. I love it! Thanks Heather it will be very useful for my new books plus I'm a bookworm anyway =)
Here was all the mail I had received in one day! I love it so much! It's so exciting to look in the letter box and see a sweet letter or pretty package waiting.
I went crazy looking at shoes. I bought these at work in the kids section lol but I have small feet. I love these!
And these ones I love too. I also bought these at work. They were on a one day 50% off markdown. As you can see I shop in my 15 minutes breaks a lot. One of the girls I work with has the same two shoes. We are both small and have a lot of the same tastes.
Well that is it for now as I have to start packing because I won't have much time to do that at the end of the week. I hope to blog when I'm overseas but it all depends.
When I get back I will have ideas for my belated birthday as I will still be overseas for it. My birthday is the 1st February but I get back the 7th.
Everyone take care.