Tuesday 17 January 2012

Books make me happy

Hello lovelies. Thanks for all your great comments :) They never fail to put a smile on my face.

As I mentioned last post, Jason and I went to the Lifeline Bookfest. They have three sections. Unpriced books (usually really cheap), a priced section (still cheap...like all books $2 etc) and a prices as marked section. 


This is from the unpriced section. I'm collecting the Babysitters Club books (nostalgia and I actually do re read them). I'm also collecting Alice in Wonderland books. 


This is from the mid priced section. I loved the Green Mile movie so hopefully I will enjoy the book. 


This is from the priced as marked section. I was overjoyed to see some of the Anne of Green Gables books. They didn't have all of them but I'm glad I was able to get these ones. 

Going to the Bookfest really brightened up my day and it's all for charity. So I'm hoping to go again this weekend, this time with Jasmine :) We had fun last time. I do have a plan for this Saturday which I hope we can do. 

Have a wonderful rest of week. Three days of work for me until my week off. My two year wedding anniversary is next week and my birthday is the week after!

19 comments:

thegirlhassparke said...

The Lifeline bookfair is so wonderful, I could just spend hours there looking at all the books. Oh baby sitters club, my first book series hehe. I still have books 1-60 at home in a box :-)

Green Tea and Cupcakes said...

You got a good range of books as well. How brilliant is it. We go every year and Hubby has to drag me out cause I never want to stop looking.

Karli said...

I'm fairly certain I have the whole series! Considering selling on ebay as I hear they can fetch quite a lot! Who'd have thought!

Unknown said...

I am so bad at this...I don't make time for reading :(

Lee said...

What a great find! Just looking at all those wonderful books puts a smile on my face!

Felicia said...

Oh my word, I loved the Baby-sitters Club! I probably read well into the 100s. Thank you, public library! And I've just been reading the Anne of Green Gables series myself - I stole them from my mom :)You'll have to let me know how Chocolat is - I loved the movie!

Lauren Nicole said...

I just went to a farmers market Sunday where I purchased a ton of fun books too. for like.. 1, 2 and 3 dollars, it was awesome! haha Shopping for used books is one of my favorite things. There's just something about searching through all of the books, looking for those treasures you're hoping will be there. Congrats on your purchases! I used to collect the sweet valley books, the middle school year ones; I always liked them more than the HS year books. I don't think I ever completed my collection though, so good luck to you in hopes of completing yours!

Claire Kiefer said...

Oh, this post makes me want to stay home and do nothing but read for a week! Sometimes I am overwhelmed by all the books in the world (on my shelves, even) and how I will never be able to read them all. Good finds though--they remind me of childhood!

Claire said...

i am so jealous. i want to go there!!

OneCraftyFox said...

Your collection is similar to mine, lol!

Hope the new year is off to an amazing start for you, sweet Gracie :)

Lutfi Fadhila said...

bookfair is lovely. book opens new world. don't you agree?

Siel said...

I absolutely loved the books of the babysitters club series :D

Miss Val's Creations said...

What wonderful finds! The Green Mile is a fantastic book! I grew up reading the Sweet Valley High series. :) Happy reading.

Niina - My Paper Chaos said...

Oh Books! :D You got to love them! :) And I really liked the baby sitter club books when I was younger! I had totally forgot about them! It's great to collect these nostalgic books :D

Hope you're having a nice week Gracie! //Niina

Mummerina said...

Ohhh baby sitters club!!! I used to love those books.
I'll have to see if they have one of these near me - what a great idea. I have so many books I could donate - and would much rather buy a book for $2 and give to charity.

I'm Sydney. said...

That sounds amazing!! I've got to find a bookfest like this!
And You'll love the book Chocolat! It's quite good :)
I'm so glad there's someone out there that shares my love of reading!

Lisa said...

Thats funny I was going to do a post very similar yesterday but never had time. I love books too xx

sheba said...

i was just thinking [yesterday] how envious i am of my students b/c they can just read all day long, whereas i have to tend to *grown up* responsibilities. oh, how i miss those days.

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

Yay, Babysitter's Club!!! :D

x Jasmine