Monday 30 August 2010

Mockingjay, lists and other random bits

This is another post with lists :) I find it easier at the moment as my mind is all over the place.


Well, what can I say about Mockingjay?! It was heartbreaking, depressing and bittersweet but I loved it. There were times that I had to stop reading because it became to much for me but I still enjoyed it. It's by far my favourite series ever and I think I will be forever haunted by the books. I'm still thinking about this book. I had a wide range of emotions as I was reading and towards the end my heart would not stop beating so fast. It was intense.

It's great to have Jason back. He had the day off today so it's nice to be able to spend time with him
I didn't stay at home this weekend but went to stay with my parents. I don't like to be home alone and prefer company (this stems from having someone break into my parents house when I was home along I think).
It was my mum's birthday on Saturday night so it worked out that I was staying there.


My mum's bday cake. It's a Filipino one with beautiful light icing. 
I have an event this weekend so I need to be creative this week. Lots of mini note cards and some stud earrings. 
I have lots of mail to catch up on


My new mail carrier thing. It's a good way to keep track of it all.

I still have a giveaway that is planned but just hasn't been done yet
I'm still pondering my mail project (I must stop trying to do too many things at once)
I'm going to be revamping my blog and moving to my dot com website soon. With Jason's help

It's scary to think that Christmas stock will be needing to be unpacked at work in the next few weeks
I really just want to spend the afternoon watching movies or TV shows

So again, it's a post about my mixed up thoughts. Have a wonderful week. 


18 comments:

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Happy birthday to your mom. That cake looks really good. Sounds like you have a lot of stuff going on. Good luck with everthing. Oh and did I read something about a possible giveaway?! Sounds interesting. =)

Alexis said...

I love that your mom's name is Marilla! :D Like Marilla Cuthbert from Anne of Green Gables?

Sara said...

Is it Ube cake? I had that once and it was delicious!!! And we brought back ube from Saudi where they sell it because of all the Filipinos who live there and I made some ube cupcakes and they were good!

Alyssa said...

I thought the exact same thing as Alexis!! Anne of green gables :)

Gosh its scary the christmas stuff is coming out already!!!! goood gosh its getting too close!

Unknown said...

Pretty cake! That's so funny, Gracie, i saw a commercial from a bookstore here for Mockingjay and I thought about you! XX!

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

Happy Birthday to your Mum! I hope she had a great day :)

It must be great to have Jason back. I know if Mr LG ever goes away, I'll be packing up straight away and going to my parents house while he's gone. How horrible that someone broke into your parents house while you were home alone :/ How terrifying!

Love the mail carrier. So cute! If you want to extend the "due date" or our journal swap to give you some breathing time, I'm more than happy to do so. Just say the word! :) I know what it's like to take on too much at once.

Good luck with your event! Can't wait to hear all about it!

x Jasmine

PS. Don't get me started on Christmas! I'm excited, but totally not ready!

Sandy a la Mode said...

what a beautiful cake!! have a great week sweetie!

Gracie said...

@ Alexis and Alyssa - Yup my mum was named after Marilla Cuthbert from Anne of Green Gables :) Which I haven't read the whole thing yet.

@ Sara - It's actually just a sponge cake but the icing is made from egg white. I honestly don't like Ube anything!

Oh, My Darling said...

Thanks so much for your super-sweet comment on my spread the love post -- I appreciate your kind words and am so happy to hear that you'll be joining in the love spreading fun!

Also, your mom's birthday cake looks so cute!!

Joyti said...

I read up on the series since you recommended it...but I can't start reading anything until I'm done with this exam in the first week of Oct....
The cake looks delicious!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Love your mail carrier. So cute! Happy bday to your mama!

Micaela said...

where oh where did you get that "mail" thing?!?! LOVE LOVE LOVE! :)

Punctuation Mark said...

i hate it when mail piles up... you need a whole afternoon just go through the junk...

Alexis said...

You should try watching the movie version of AoGG, with Megan Follows as Anne, Jonathan Crombie as Gilbert and Colleen Dewhurst as Marilla. It's beautiful. :)

green tea and red nails said...

happy birthday to your mama!

i finished reading mockingjay. i must say - i didnt love it! i felt like i didnt recognise the characters anymore... they were so different! i still LOVE the series but the frist two are my faves! maybe i will re-read the whole series again in a couple of months to see if i feel any different. what did you think??

kel x

Sweets and Hearts said...

happy birthday to your mom! yay for filipino cakes. we usually get them from goldilocks, but it's kinda far from where we live.

MOCKINGJAY!
yesss. thanks for getting into a in-depth conversation with me about it. no one else i know has read it!! boo.

i can't wait to see your upcoming blog changes and everything. :D

<3

krissy ♥ said...

Wow, is your Mom a Filipina? I am a Filipina :)

Suzanne Collins is amazing. I want to write a comprehensive review of The Hunger Games trilogy but I find it a bit difficult to not write some spoilers for some people who haven't read the series yet =/

Ebony Arwen said...

Happy belated bday to your mum! Love the choccie coins in the corner. If that was MY cake they would be gone by the time it came out with candles lit :p

Your mail holder is so cool! Where did you get it? :)