Friday 8 October 2010

A few questions...

Hey lovelies, thanks for your comments about my Etsy shop. I do hope to spend more time on it.

I received this sweet award from the absolutely lovely Diana! I adore her blog with all it's beautiful pictures and wonderful fashion. Her blog is full of girliness and I love it!

This award has some interesting questions attached so here we go....


1. Why do you blog? 
It's like my visual journal. I get to post pretty pictures, share parts of my life and my favourite bit is having blog friends! I could not imagine the kind of friends I have made through blogging. It's what keeps me blogging. One day I would love to meet you all ;)

2. Name your three best memories...
♥ Best Memory one - When Jason proposed. It was so sweet and meaningful. I will never forgot when he asked me.
♥ Best Memory two - Getting married. Another unforgettable day and memory. Knowing I would be spending the rest of my life with my best friend...
♥ Best Memory three - Just having the most amazing family and friends. I'm so blessed to have them in my life. It's not a memory but it's something I will always remember. 

3. Name 4 of the best fiction books you've read.
As many of you know, I like the lighter books. And many series. 
♥ - The Hunger Games 
♥ - The Chronicles of Narnia
♥ - Pride and Prejudice
♥ - To Kill a Mockingbird

4. What are the 5 best movies ever made? (Ah this is hard because I don't watch many more serious movies)
♥ - Blood Diamond
♥ - Lord of the Rings
♥ - Romeo and Juliet (Baz Luhrmann version)
♥ - Breakfast at Tiffanys
♥ - Robin Hood : Men in Tights (for fun)

5. Name 5 things you can't live without.
♥ - My wedding ring
♥ - Lucas' Paw paw cream
♥ - Books
♥ - Journals
♥ - Stationery 

6. If you could change your name what would it be?
I haven't really thought about it because I do like my name (as hard as it is to pronounce). It's unique. But I did 'change' my name to Graciana in high school to sounds more 'Spanish.' 

7. Tell us a unique and interesting fact about yourself
I'm a bit of a Star Wars geek. I have all the movies and watch them all a few times a year. Jason and I finished Star Wars Lego for the Wii. I have a light saber app on my phone and I have crossed light sabers with my nephews before. 


(This is really embarrassing I know...I think I've posted it before - and to clarify I'm posing as a joke lol) 

8. What do you love most about yourself?
Hmm, my friends say I'm sweet? So I do love that. Mainly I think it's my compassion because it's what makes me care about people. And what makes me want to help others. 

9. If you had a 'Freaky Friday' experience, who would you change places with?
Maybe Jessica Alba or Natalie Portman. I think Jessica Alba is a real sweetheart (I follow her on Twitter!) And Natalie Portman is so talented and great. 

10. What is the best thing about being a woman?
I love that we can be really emotional and share our feelings. That we can be strong yet still be soft hearted, caring and compassionate. I love that we can have girly days with our friends. I am happy to be a woman. 

So I award this to...
Jasmine from Lavender's Green 
Karolina from Better than Barszcz
Megan from Time After Tea
Heather from A Measure of...
Sydney from The Tightrope
Rachael from It's Simple Love
Claire from Bicoastally 
Micaela from Dolce Vita
Sandy from Sandy a la Mode

You girls are just absolutely wonderful!! Thank you to everyone that reads my blog and for everyone who comments. Thanks for being amazing!!

P.S. I do have another award I was going to share. I got it from two blog friends so it will be for next post. 

19 comments:

Molly Page said...

Your light saber picture made me giggle. You're SO. SERIOUS. in it. :)

Pretty Zesty said...

Cute pic and congrats on your award!

ps check out my giveaway!

Erin {pughs' news} said...

You deserve that award, dear Gracie! Love your answers and the insight they provide.
Hope to meet you one day!
xo

Kaylia Payne said...

I love your answers to the questions!! I also love the star wars pic :p

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

Thank you so much! I'll definitely post this soon.

LOVE the Star Wars photo :P My younger brother had Darth Maul's light saber when he was younger. I'm also a Star Wars nerd ... I'm marrying a Star Trek fan though :/ lol

x Jasmine

Emily's Moose - Karolina Kubikowska said...

thank you for the award! I'll be posting about it soon :) Also thanks for the card I got in the mail! It made my day. I sent you something too!

<3
K

Nicki said...

I love your answer to number 10. :] I totally and completely agree!

Laura said...

Congrats on the award,

Just came across you blog, its really cute, I'm now a follower :)

Laura xx

Alexis said...

Love the picture! :D

Unknown said...

Congrats the award. Funny pic. Good getting to know you more. Happy Weekend.

Style, She Wrote said...

You look so bad ass with your saber!

Katyha said...

Cute photo, I love it.

Kellie Collis said...

Congratulations on the award! Enjoy the weekend, Kellie xx

k said...

you are so cute! this was a fun post :)

Design Elements said...

love your answers!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Robin Hood Men in Tights is a true classic!

I'm Sydney. said...

AW this is much too sweet!! And I love the light saber photo! I'm a bit of a Star Wars nerd myself, I must admit!
You deserve the award very much and I'm glad to be a part of your VERY lovely blog!!
p.s. i wish to meet you someday!

Jess said...

Thanks for the award hun! Your answers to the questions made me laugh. I will do a post myself soon :)

heather said...

What wonderful questions and answers! Being a woman is pretty terrific, right? Thank you so much for passing the love forward!