Before I continue on with my list of 101 things, I just want to say that I watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It was great! I did enjoy it. They changed things as usual but it was still done well. I think I'm going to watch it again when Jason gets back from Bathurst as I watched a 9:20 session with about 20-25 mins of previews and ads. I was a bit tired and probably didn't appreciate as much as I would normally. I'm looking forward to reading the last book. Although I didn't pre-order one so I will have to wait until Jason's mum finishes it
which should be in 2 days after it's released. I just don't want to find out the ending or who dies prematurely. So I'm going to avoid forums and any entertainment news.
Anyway, I found out about the 101 Things in 1001 Days via Little Miss Meshell's blog. I followed the link and was inspired to start one, especially when I read Meshell's list.
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Some common goal setting tips:
1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.
2. Stay Focussed. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.
3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.
4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.
5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.
It took me a few days to compile my list but I think it is done. In time I will add it to the sidebar and cross things off as I go. I thought it was a great way to keep my goals in focus and to start and finish things I have always said I would do and then some.
I thought I would put this here to break all the writing up. This was given to me from my brother's girlfriend. We talked about piggy banks and I told her how I always wanted one and she got me one with a sweet little note card.
Start Date: 14/07/2007
End Date: 10/04/2010
101 Things to do in 1001 Days
* Self, Health & Fitness*
1. Go walking/running with Jason 2 to 3 times a week.
2. Drink 8 glasses of water a day or 2 bottles of water. This includes cups of Green tea, Japanese tea (any tea without milk).
3. Do mini exercise regime at least 5 times a week.
4. Stretch at least 5 times a week. Aim to be able to do the splits.
5. Keep taking natural supplements and vitamins everyday to turn it into a habit.
6. Get two professional massages. (0/2)
7. Get a manicure, pedicure and facial. (0/3)
8. Go on 5 hikes, each one at a different location.
9. Pray and thank God first thing in the morning when I wake up
10. Go to Cambodia with my church to help with the children’s rescue home and orphanage.
11. Start journaling along with the church once a week using the verses provided.
12. Learn and know where every book of the bible is.
13. Read a Christian (for spiritual development) book once a month for the duration of the 1001 days.
14. Read my daily devotion books everyday.
*Creative Endeavours & Things to make*
15. Learn to knit better and knit 5 scarves and a pair of socks (0/6)
16. Learn to crochet and try and make 5 crocheted flowers.
17. Learn to sew and use the sewing machine. Aim to make a journal cover, a basic loose top, a clutch purse, a simple bag, 2 coin purses and a pair of long pj pants for Jason.
18. Make and hand bind 5 journals (0/5)
19. Take a photo a day for a month. Make it like a photo meme. (0/30)
20. Make a box of letter writing supplies. Fill it with loose stationary sheets, handmade and bought envelopes of various sizes, stamps, pens (blue and pretty coloured ones), some note cards, postcards, fancy scissors.
21. Stencil 10 tops with some basic stencil designs. (0/10)
22. Make a scrapbook of specific and special events in my life
23. Decorate a set of four canvases. (0/4)
24. Make two little bear plushies for my brother and his gf. (0/2)
25. Embellish 5 pairs of plain ballet flats (0/5)
26. Make a few themed jewellery sets and stationary sets to match the jewellery. (Secret Garden, Marie Antoinette, Narnia, LOTR, Star Wars, Butterflies, Audrey Hepburn, Cinderella)
27. Make a cigar box purse for myself and another 5 for friends. (0/6)
28. Try 5 projects from craft book at home, 5 projects from the Martha Stewart website, 5 projects from other crafty websites and 5 from various other sources (0/20).
*Reading and Writing*
29. Read 100 books in a pre made list. Keep a journal about the books.
30. Make a journal jar for myself and take out a question at least 3 times a week.
31. Keep a separate journal for these goals and frequently post progress in my blog. Buy 2 blank journals. (0/2)
32. Read a complete Star Wars series (Timothy Zahn)
33. Read 50 children’s story picture books. (0/50)
34. Read James Ussher Annals of the World
35. Read Alex Rider series and Power of Five series by Anthony Horowitz
36. Read all Meg Cabot books
37. Write a short descriptive story
*Things to Learn: Classes, Knowledge and Skills*
38. Take a bookbinding class or course
39. Read and research fashion and costumes from the past.
40. Learn to play 5 contemporary and 5 classical songs on the keyboard
41. Take a painting class with Jason
42. Take some adult beginner ballet classes.
43. Take salsa dance classes with Jason again
44. Get my first aid and CPR certificate
45. Renew my blue card
46. Get the logbook and complete 100 hours of driving.
47. Take a hand blown glass bead class
48. Develop my photo shop skills
49. Continue learning basic Spanish
50. Relearn basic French
51. Learn 5 different recipes and cook for the family
52. Read and learn more about Old Paris, the Victorian Era, ancient cultures, the Inca and Mayan cultures, the King Arthur legend and other historical interests.
I thought I would again break up the writing and add the side view of the piggy bank. It's just too cute! And I have it on display with my change filling it up.
53. Sponsor a child in Africa
54. Volunteer to be a cuddle mum at the Mater hospital or help out a the Royal Brisbane Children’s Hospital
55. Randomly message, email or send letter to friends twice a month.
56. Make up a parcel for one boy and one girl for the Operation Christmas child appeal or for under a charity Christmas tree.
57. Have 5 girls night and just pamper them
58. Send a care package to 5 friends just because
59. Look after my nephews and have a play date
*Declutter, Organise and Clean*
60. Clean and rearrange my whole bedroom
61. Clean, rearrange and make a crafty section the study
62. Organise photos, files, emails, folders on the computer and back up everything
63. Clean out wardrobe and sort clothes to keep or give away. Make perfumed sachets to put into the wardrobe.
64. Find tapes of when we were kids and find a way to back them up.
65. Print out my photos and put them in photo albums and scrapbooks. (0/2)
66. Print out coffee table style books of my favourite photos.
*Entertainment and Arts*
67. Go and watch two ballets (0/2)
68. Go and watch two musicals (0/2)
69. Watch all the Audrey Hepburn movies
70. Watch 5 subtitled movies (0/5)
71. Watch all the Disney Princess movies (0/6)
72. Watch all Dark Angel episodes.
73. Watch all Natalie Portman movies
74. Watch all the Transformers box set dvds (0/5)
75. Watch the list of movies I want to see and others (0/50)
76. Watch all seasons of the Gilmore Girls
77. Go to a photo exhibition at the Powerhouse with Jason
*Fun and Experiences*
78. Ride a horse
79. Get up and watch the sunrise here and in another country (0/2)
80. Buy and complete a sudoku puzzle book.
81. Go to the Hillsong Conference with some girls in 2008
82. Travel to Europe and go on a tour
83. Go on 5 picnics at 5 different locations
84. Get some professional or amateur friends to get photos taken
85. Have a tea party
86. Start a collection (vintage images)
87. Get Narnia series books in different languages
88. Drive around the city with printed maps and look at all the Christmas lights
89. Go to a place to paint on ceramics with Jason.
90. Find 5 markets and 5 cute shops that will become favourites.
91. Go and discover 5 new places/towns in South East Queensland. Visit, take photos and bring back a souvenir. (0/5)
92. Go moonlight canoeing.
* Finances, Money & Business*
93. Put away $100 a fortnight into ING account
94. Make and plan a budget. Have a separate book for it List and make a money diary to observe spending habits and to track money (change merge with budget)
95. Get involved with Kingdom Advancers at church
96. Purchase craft items in bulk to save with cost
97. Create and design (w/Jason’s help) in making business cards, a logo, labels, stickers and packaging.
98. Read up on promoting an Etsy store. Read up on Paypal and make at least 5 etsy purchases (0/5)
99. Find out Postage Cost for national and international. Invest in bulk packaging
100. Make lots of different mini note cards w/envelopes, different jewellery pieces and take good photos.
101. Invest in some good quality craft supplies (guillotine, good sharp scissors, appropriate glue, a new set of jewellery tools, metal ruler, paper shaper. (0/6)
Another picture to break up the writing =p. This is just another picture of the vintage postcards and note cards I got in Montville. I love the little postcards and hope to get more sometime.
And thats the list. It might change a bit like the wording and things. And I will add the numbers and things that I haven't already done. And I might also add the books and movies list just out of interest (or more to keep me organised =p)
Wow that was long. I hope it wasn't boring to read or anything. I will also be posting pictures and things of my progress. I'm quite excited about this so I hope it last the 1001 Days.
Thanks for the greetings although it is still a dating anniversary, hopefully a wedding anniversary sometime =p