Wednesday 22 September 2010

My new handmade headband

The started off a bit badly. I had cramps, felt light headed and my skin around my mouth went red and itchy as it sometimes does at that time of the month. 

I ended up staying home (well my parents house). I didn't really have anything to do so I thought I would try and be creative. I'm glad I've left a few things at my parents place or I would have nothing. I found some fabric and took some buttons from my mum's sewing box and I found some elastic. 

On my Twitter I mentioned that I love headbands so why not make them myself :) So I gathered my materials and this is what I came up with...


I've seen some headbands like this and I loved them. I'm so glad my mum had these buttons. 


Elastics sometimes don't stay in my hair but this worked for me. 

So what do you think?? 

Anyway, Glee is on, the new Ikea catalogue has come in the mail and Jason is coming back from Sydney tonight!!



22 comments:

Katyha said...

Watching it now! L O V E Glee :D

Emily's Moose - Karolina Kubikowska said...

The new headband is so great! I hope you feel better now.

<3
K

Hazel from Hazel Loves Design said...

They are so cute! Sounds like you've got a busy evening ahead... YAY IKEA catalogues! :) Hazel

ohjoana said...

Looks really beautiful! I once made one or two, when I was little, I put some wasted things together, grabbed an old Minnie headband and wrapped it all and added extra things. I guess you have one more item to put in your shop!

Much love,
Joana

Candice said...

I love this!! how cute! you're so creative.

Sara said...

So cute! it looks like it is right out of an Anthro catalog.

*love Glee!!

Sandy a la Mode said...

the headband is sooo cute!! you need to put it up in your etsy shop!! you are one talented lady!!

Unknown said...

You made this sick?? Just think what you can do well! Gorgeous, Gracie! XX!

Natalie said...

SUCH a cute headband! Looks like J. Crew or Anthro...love it.

its simple love said...

Nice work! I love the pearl button detailing.

Rachael

p.s. Be sure to join in my Lil Petite Jewelry Giveaway when you get the chance ;)

OneCraftyFox said...

It looks fabulous! Those are some super pretty buttons, I love how you put it all together.

Yay on hunny coming home :)

pip a la chic said...

The headband looks great! I'll be making you something special for the rainbow swap then if you love headbands. So glad I have you as my parnter. x

Jess said...

Oh this is so pretty! I'm jealous!

Style, She Wrote said...

What a great result from a seemingly bad day! Love the headband.

Oh, My Darling said...

It's simply gorgeous! You're a talented lady!

Kellie Collis said...

What a lovely creation! Have a beautiful day, Kellie xx

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Fabulous job lady! Those buttons are just beautiful!

APieceOfCrap said...

that's cute!

Take a peek! our first blog.
www.apieceofcrapdepartment.blogspot.com

best regards from Sweden :)
/MALIN

Lisa said...

OMG thats gorgeous xx

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

I love it! You should make them for your etsy shop! A few years ago my sister and I were inspired by Blair from Gossip Girl and made a bunch of headbands like this. I love them.

x Jasmine

Anastasia said...

so sweet Gracie!!! looks great!

TwistHeadFashion said...

You're very creative. Nice work!