Tuesday 6 December 2011

Just a Minute in...December



Just A Minute in...December

Watching... Once Upon a Time, New Girl, Camelot
Planning... Christmas day lunch - We are having it at our house. It's going to be a good 'ol Aussie BBQ
Creating... Christmasy things - Handmade Christmas crackers, paper poufs, paper chains, paper bunting
Wanting... It to be the Christmas break. Only 2 1/2 weeks to go (or there about)
Dreaming... About the USA holiday we are going on next year! (more about that in another post)
Girl crushing... On Zooey Deschanel. I know a lot of people love her but I love her even more seeing her in her new show New Girl. Her quirkiness and cute outfits.
Loving... The Advent Calendar. There  will be posts showing what we have received soon. I look forward to opening the gifts every other day.
Adoring... Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark.



So it's nearly Christmas. I'm so behind this year. Normally most of my gifts would be bought and I would be wrapping them, but I've barely started this year. I'm late sending out my Christmas cards and I'm still trying to figure out Christmas lunch. But that's ok, I'm not stressing I'm just doing things at my own pace. 

Does anyone else feel behind on Christmas? Have you hosted Christmas lunch/dinner/day before?

Hope your week is going well!

17 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

I'm stressed b/c I haven't even started my Christmas cards. :( I've found myself so busy lately that when I have free time, I just want to relax! I know I'll feel better once I start them, but I'm definitely behind.

I'm sure your Christmas lunch will be great. :) I live across the country from my family, so I always go home to visit at Christmas, and we have everyone over to my mama's. I help cook, though!

Green Tea and Cupcakes said...

I love New Girl, her character is so cute. I have also just got Once Upon A Time and it's on my list of things to do during the Christmas Break. Good Luck with all your Christmas preperations.

Belen said...

i can't wait to hear about your plans to visit the US! :)))) also, i love that you're watching 'once upon a time.' its such a good show!

Claire said...

we had both sets of parents for lunch one year but mum cooked the turkey at her house and brought it with her :)

thegirlhassparke said...

I dont even know if I will get christmas cards out this year - I am so disorganised :-( I cannot wait for christmas break either!! 13 work days to go hehe

Unknown said...

We will have Christmas break in about 1 1/2 weeks yay!!! Sometimes Holidays are stressful :( I don't want this one to be one...I want to enjoy it :)

Kristen said...

You're come to the USA?!?! How exciting!! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!

We've watched a few episodes of New Girl as well and enjoy it- Zooey is just toooo adorable!!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I'm sad because I don't think I'll be doing Christmas cards this year. My life is so up in the air it's hard to think about.

Karina Pacheco said...

Isn't Once Upon A Time great!? or more like magical!? I am so crazy head over heels for this show1 I love it :)

Yay!!! I am SO excited about your US trip! I have not stopped jumping up and down. I am SO, SO happy :)

Your Christmas lunch sounds great, I am sure that it will be beautiful and perfect!

Only 18 days left till Christmas - eeekkk! I still can't believe it :)

Love you xoxo

Niina - My Paper Chaos said...

You don't have to stress, there's still a lot of time. It's weird how thing turn out so differently, I'm early with everything this year, and that's never happened before, haha!

That's so exciting that you're going on a holiday to USA. I love going there! :)
I'm looking forward to see the gifts from your advent calender!

Take care and have a wonderful week! //Niina

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I love Once Upon a Time and New Girl!

Erin {pughs' news} said...

I'm totally falling behind with Christmas stuff. It's only the 7th though, so am trying not to panic!

I sent your Christmas card a few days ago. Hope it arrives soon!

I've hosted Christmas dinner before. So long as everyone pitches in with the clean-up, it's great fun.

Lisa said...

I am going to do my xmas cards this weekend xx

Emily's Moose - Karolina Kubikowska said...

I hope my card gets to you quickly dear!

<3
K

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

You are not alone lady! I am SO not even close to being ready. Hope to catch up this weekend!

Tina said...

new girl is hilarious! haha, i'm just fawning over every new piece of news we get about the movie now. 100 days left! we're so lucky that we get it on the 22nd :D

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

I am SO behind with Christmas this year! And because I have something on every night/day leading up to Christmas I don't know if I'm going to get everything done.

I think I'm going to go on leave before Christmas next year so I'm not so stretched for time.

x Jasmine