Friday 2 December 2011

My Advent Calendar

Hello my lovelies. I hope you have had a wonderful week. Mine was been busy and quite stressed. Being in this new position so close to Christmas 0_0 <-- that's how I feel each day at the moment. 

Anyway, I've also been working on an Advent Calendar with Jason. We each got each other 12 gifts and will alternate each day with opening a present. 



This is where I go my inspiration from. I love this one from Kikki.K.


This is our version of the calendar. Some of the gifts were a little heavy so I had to use a few tiny pegs. My gifts for Jason are on the bottom line and the ones for me are on the top. 


A little close up. I tried to add a few little ornaments to pretty it up. 


Another close up.


 My fluffy wreath just makes the picture. 


From another angle. 

So what do you think? I was in a rush (as usual) and wanted to make it look prettier. Plus when I took the photos it was an overcast day. 

I don't feel as excited about Christmas this year but I think I'm slowly getting there. My tree is up and I'm doing a Christmas lunch at our house this year 0_0 <-- this is a normal expression on me lately. 

Have a wonderful and relaxed weekend!

15 comments:

thegirlhassparke said...

This is such a wonderful idea, definitely doing it next year!!

Claire Kiefer said...

How adorable!! This is such a clever idea--so cute--and I love how yours turned out! I hope you do a post about what was in all the little packages!

Unknown said...

Such I lovely idea! I think I will do that for next Christmas for the kids...I bet they will love it! Sometimes I wish the Holidays were easier and less spending (meaning money I don't have!) :(

Have a nice weekend Gracie!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh my gosh, I love that, so cute!

P.S. I'm having a mystery box giveaway - the only way to find out what it is is to WIN! Come enter if you're curious ;-)

Niina - My Paper Chaos said...

Me and my mum used to do this when I lived at home, my boyfriend isn't really up for it :S.

I got a bit confused when I saw the first picture and was wondering why you had "God Jul" Merry Christmas in Swedish on your calender. :) Now I get it. Yours looks really nice too!

Have a lovely weekend! :D

Anonymous said...

Bella, you're so clever!!!! Hope you're ok and not too stressed!!!! Are you taking time off over Christmas? Let's catch up, love you so

Bambi xx

Claire said...

oh i love your calender! :) I'm excited too!

sheba said...

what a great advent calendar! i didn't do one this year b/c my little one is a bit young still, but i should've done one for my beloved instead!

love the ornament of you two!

Lisa said...

Oh I love it such a great idea xx

Unknown said...

Gracie you are the lucky winner the latest giveaway at my blog! I have to give Denise your address so she can send you your prize! same address right??

Sierra said...

What a fun idea - I think it still looks adorable even if the bags didn't turn out how you wanted them too.

I know what you mean about getting in the Christmas mood. I'm slowing getting there too.

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

Love it, love it!

What gifts have you opened so far?

x Jasmine

Rhianne said...

such a great idea! We got a little wooden advent calender in the sales to share last year so I was very excited to get that out this year :)

Orla Harrington said...

Oh I love it! I definitely want to try this! Thanks for the idea.

Mummerina said...

Aww that is such a sweet idea - I think I am going to do this next year!!!