Monday 5 March 2012

Organising Project

Hello hello! I hope the start of your week has been good. It's raining here and so muggy. I go from freezing cold air con at work to hot and humid weather outside. 

Anyway, Jasmine and I have decided to start an organising/de-cluttering project/mission. In around two weeks time, each week we will have a room or section of the house that will be organised and de-cluttered. One of the best things is you can all get involved so we can help each other out with some Autumn/Spring cleaning. And hopefully keep ourselves motivated and accountable to each other. 

To give you an idea on one of the worst parts of my house, here are some photos. 


This is my creative space. 


I can't even use my desk. 


My floor just has stuff scattered everywhere.


My bookshelves aren't too bad but they need reorganising. I have all those other books on the floor. 


My second wardrobe for my dresses, belts and scarves. 


Each week it will be things like, organise your wardrobe or clean out your kitchen cupboards. So we will just focus on each section and just get it done. Jasmine is going to create a blog button if you want to get involved. Is this something you would be interested in? We are going to show our progress anyway so you can join in if you suddenly feel motivated.

11 comments:

Green Tea and Cupcakes said...

Great idea I need all the motivation I can get when it comes to getting organised.

thegirlhassparke said...

Can I say it is a relief to see that not everybodies home is exactly perfect, mine is most definitely not! This is a great idea, I hope I can participate its a bit scary some of the places I would need to tackle. I did my dresser draws yesterday which is a good start.

Claire Kiefer said...

I agree with Megan--it's so comforting to know that other people have messy areas in their homes as well! My bedroom is the worst, I think . . . and there's so much I could do with it if I'd just take the time to get rid of stuff I don't want/need and reorganize. Excited to see where this project goes!

Niina - My Paper Chaos said...

This is such a great idea :) I wish I even had a creative space haha.

~April~ said...

I definitely need some organization motivation! I've been in the new house for like 7 months now and haven't gotten much done at all. :(

A Life Un-Styled said...

What a great idea, and that you'll have support from each other and others will be perfect! I'm doing okay at the moment so I'll be here offering support and encouragement! I'm so happy to be connecting with another Australian blogger!

Miss Val's Creations said...

What a fun project to conquer together! It always feels good to get organized!

Test said...

de-cluttering is so cathartic... feels liek you losing some weight!

Rhianne said...

this is a great idea... our guest room, which is now my dumping ground for stuff lol it a mess, perhaps I'll sort join in and sort that out at some point soon.

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

I just posted before photos of my worst room - my craft/second bedroom. So embarrassing! But, they're out there for everyone to see now, so I'm forced to clean it up!

x Jasmine

Kimberly said...

Totally looking forward to watching your changes.