Wednesday 8 June 2011

French Twist

Hello my lovelies. I hope you are well. I'm on a bit of a I love Brisbane high at the moment. I just found this wonderful winter event that is starting tomorrow, but I will write about that next time.

Last Saturday, I went to French Twist with my girls Laura and Kristina. It was kind of send off for Laura who is now in Europe with her hubby for 5 weeks. 

French Twist is just the most beautiful place. The interior had vintage furniture, chandeliers, pretty teacups, but we weren't allowed to take photos, so we took a few sneaky shots with our iPhones. 


The sun was shining through that window and it was utterly enchanting. 


Laura's macarons. They were so yummy. 


My chicken baguette I had for lunch. 


I loved the sugar cubes and the way everything was brought to us. 


My China Rose tea (I thought I would try it). It was lovely. And the teacup and saucer were so cute. 


This is the inside part of French Twist. Absolutely beautiful inside!


This is the picture I had from the last post :) I took home that 3 pack of macarons. 



I had to show this picture with a part of the interior. I wish we were able to sit here. 

Finding these places make me want to be a tourist in my own city. So many places to discover. Have you ever found hidden treasures in your city even when you have lived there for years?

Have a great rest of week. 


19 comments:

Msz Jelenaaa said...

Wow this place looks beautiful. I want to go there one day! The 3 pack of macaroons look so gorgeous btw, been looking for them everywhere. :)

Grace said...

I love these photos!!!

Claire said...

omylordy this is (one of) my dreams...to own a tea shop like this...

ClassyLady1986 said...

This place looks amazing! Too cute! Did you just stumble across this place? Recently I have found some cute places in my town..I just happened upon! I love exploring unknown territory! The food looks great! I wonder why you couldn't take pictures?

Sarah said...

That place looks amazing! And you're right about the teacup - it's lovely. The light shining through the windows makes the place even more beautiful. I always get excited when I stumble upon such lovely interiors. x

Anonymous said...

Love these photos Gracie! They are so beautiful. This place looks absolutely darling.

LCR said...

Love reading this:) It sounds like a wonderful time... and since i'm visiting Aus soon, it's great to see little parts of it!
xo
L

Nicki said...

Wow! This looks like such a wonderful place to go! I'd love to just sit down with a bunch of girlfriends, sip on a pretty teacup, nibble on macarons, and adore the decor! Lucky you! :]

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Note to self: If you are ever in Brisbane, go visit this place! It looks amazing!

Mmm, I want a chicken and avocado sandwich for lunch now.

Tina said...

it's a shame that some places don't let you take photos, i've experienced that too. glad you took these sneaky shots though, it looks beautiful :)
one can never have too many macarons!

k said...

that looks like a gorgeous restaurant for sure!

Renee said...

This place looks amazing, pretty stuff everywhere you look!

xo

Lisa said...

Looks beautiful lovely photos x

OneCraftyFox said...

OK, I totally have an appetite now!! I forgot that you are now in winter, I have been so happy to finally escape the cold and start to enjoy the sun :)

Sandy a la Mode said...

oh wow! this does look like a beautiful place! the macarons look delish!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Macarons...That's my kinda sendoff!

Msz Jelenaaa said...

p.s come to my blog i have given you a award (:

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

Super cute photos!

x Jasmine

green tea and red nails said...

brisbane is fabulous! i love all these undiscovered little spots :) and i have been looking for somewhere that sells yummy macaroons!

have an awesome weekend - kel xx