Tuesday 14 June 2011

Life line Bookfest

This weekend Jason and I went up to the Sunshine Coast to visit my brother and sis in law. It was really lovely but more about that next time :)

Yesterday was a public holiday here and I went to the Lifeline Bookfest with Jasmine. I've a gone few times over the years and I love it! Soon, Jasmine and I were holding many books (our arms were hurting from lugging them around to each section).


Tables full of books. This is just one section. 


This is everything I bought. 


I'm collecting old children's books with pretty illustrations. At first I was going to cut them up to make envelopes but I don't have the heart to do that anymore. 


I thought I would start collecting the Baby-Sitters Club books again (I had a lot growing up but gave them away). These are a few of the books I read when I was younger so nostalgia set in. And I thought I would collect them for my future daughter :) 


Some paperback novels I thought would be great to read. A Wrinkle in Time, The Handmaid's Tale, StarGirl and Something Borrowed have been on my wish list. The others will also be good to read.


And I adore hand bound books like this. To be honest I really bought them for the covers though I'm sure I will read them. Some Charles Dickens and Gone with the Wind Volume 1 and 2. 

We have so much fun rummaging through the books and spent a few hours there. I know I will go to the next bookfest and keep collecting my Baby Sitters Club books (I will need to list what I have). Plus this all goes to Charity (Lifeline). Charity and books is a winning combination. 

Have a fantastic week!

22 comments:

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Oooh! This looks like my kind of sale!

Karina Pacheco said...

Ahhh!! That is heaven soooo many books! A great bargain and charity sounds perfect! Oh and what's even better is that you and Jasmine got to go together! Man I wish I could have gone with you girls :(

I love all of the books you chose!!

xo Kary

P.S.It was a great adventure even though the concert was canceled it was amazing :)

I'm Sydney. said...

Oh book fairs are wonderful!! And those books (especially the children's books) will be wonderful for your future children! You have wonderful taste!
Oh! And if you like to bake, I posted a recipe that I find to be quite tasty :)

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i would totally wanna be here!!!!!

babysitters club brings back so many fun memories.

LCR said...

I used to read babysitters club too:) So good. The bound books are beautiful as well.
xo
L

Msz Jelenaaa said...

Woah. There are so many books ! That's pretty awesome. Sounds like you had a good time, lucky you!

Claire said...

oh. wow. jealous. i can smell them from here..... x

thegirlhassparke said...

I completely forgot about those penpal books they use to be my favourites. You got so many great books, the lifeline book fairs are great, and our completely right - books and charity = win!!

green tea and red nails said...

i am so sad that i didnt make it into the bookfest!! looks like it was AWESOME!

x

p.s - i used to LOVE the babysitters club :)

Tina said...

ooh, i saw a graphic novel of the first bsc book in myer a few years ago. wish i bought it now! i've been through most of the books too, learnt a lot from them :)

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

we went to something like this the other weekend :) it made me want to update my to-read list. xo jillian:: ps im hosting a judy kaufmann print giveaway!

Lisa said...

That sale looks great.

I love books so that would be a great place to go xx

Creativechaos said...

Awesome!

You might like betterworldbooks.com. It isn't as good, but the money goes to a good cause. Also, you can donate some of your old books (sometimes they give you money for your books.

Cole said...

Oh my goodness, that looks like a wonderful sale. And you got some absolutely wonderful books!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Babysitters Club!!!! So awesome. I wonder what happened to mine?

Louise said...

It looks incredible! Happy reading x

Ashley from Sloanbook said...

Oh how fun! I read Stargirl when I was younger- funny! And also, I had about 30 of those Baby Sitter's Club books but I sold them on eBay...and I had like 50 of the Nancy Drew ones, ohhh how fun! :) Have a great day!

www.sloanbook.com

Sierra said...

You found some wonderful treasures Gracie! Love this sale and glad you had a wonderful time.

k said...

this looks my DREAM room. seriously, i'd love to shop around all of those books!!!

Alyssa said...

completely and utterly jealous!!

Anastasia said...

ohhh what a fantastic bookfair - wish i could have been there too!

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

Have you started reading PenPals yet? Haha, or the Baby Sitter's Club?

x Jasmine